Nov. 4, 2020 —
It is that time of year to gather all of your incident response experience, package it nicely, and forward it to the USCG Incident Command System (ICS) Certification Board. Deadline for submitting applications is Dec. 1, 2020.
The ICS Certification Board is how the Coast Guard’s awards ICS Type 1 and Type 2 certification in 30 different nationally recognized ICS positions. The Office of Emergency Management & Disaster Response (CG-OEM) has announced the 2020/2021 USCG Incident Command System (ICS) Certification Board application guidance.
Members who wish to apply for the 2020/2021 USCG ICS Certification Board are encouraged to reach out to their local unit ICS Coordinator while using the following resources to develop applications:
- U.S. Coast Guard ICS Certification Board Guide
- 2020 ICS Certification Board Application Guidance Webinar
- 2018-2020 Sample Applications
- U.S. Coast Guard ICS Certification Application
- U.S. Coast Guard ICS Experience Worksheet
- U.S. Coast Guard ICS Supplemental Experience Worksheet
All relevant resources, including an ICS coordinator roster, are available on the ICS Program & Coordinator portal page.
You must submit your application to your local ICS coordinator by Dec. 1st, 2020. ICS coordinators will then route applications according to appropriate routing chain procedures and timelines as outlined in the U.S. Coast Guard ICS Certification Board Guide. All reviewed applications will be received by COMDT (CG-OEM) by March 1st, 2021. The 2020/2021 U.S. Coast Guard ICS Certification Board will convene in March 2021.
Direct all questions regarding the ICS Certification Board application process should to your local unit ICS coordinator or email COMDT (CG-OEM).
- ICS Program & Coordinator portal page.
- 2020/2021 USCG ICS Certification Board Application Guidance ALCOAST 393/20