Nov. 10, 2020 —
The Officer Personnel Management (OPM) team will be hosting 12 virtual road shows to support officers’ professional development planning.
Each event will have a guest presenter offering tailored advice to a specific audience and/or topic as well as afford those transferring in AY22 the opportunity to interact with their assignment officers. Participants can attend the road show through their CVR Teams account, or view as a guest.
The schedule is as follows:
- Nov. 18, 2020, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-4 Career Management
- Dec. 9, 2020, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-3 Officer Evaluations/OSMS 2.0
- Jan. 13, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-1 Promotion Boards
- Feb. 10, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-4 Temporary Separation Program
- March 10, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-1 Post Graduate School Counseling
- April 14, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-2 Intel/DCMS Assignment Officer
- May 12, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-2 Response Assignment Officer
- May 26, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-2 Prevention Assignment Officer
- June 09, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-2 Support/Special Assignments Assignment Officer
- June 23, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-2 Aviation Assignment Officer
- July 14, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-2 Afloat Assignment Officer
- July 28, 2021, 2:00 pm ET: OPM-2 Chief Warrant Officer Assignment Officer
The interactive events are meant to generate a discussion between OPM and the officer corps, and make sure officers are aware of the most current trends and policies affecting their assignments, promotions, and evaluations.
To sign up for a virtual road show, please email the OPM-4 inbox at HQS-SMB-CGPSC-OPMemail@example.com. Due to the volume of emails, please format your email to include the following: Virtual Roadshow Request/Date/Presenter (for example: "Virtual Roadshow Request/18 November 2020/OPM-4 Career Management").
OPM recommends commands encourage their officers attending virtual roadshows to do so from consolidated locations, to the extent possible given social distancing requirements. This should generate robust wardroom conversation and maximize opportunities for professional development.
CVR Teams instructions and additional information will be posted prior to each virtual road show on the Career Management Branch (OPM-4) portal page.