April 9, 2021 —
Nominations are being accepted for the 2021 Federally Employed Women (FEW) Military Meritorious Service Award. The annual award is given to a maximum of six exceptional military service members from each service branch who have distinguished themselves with significant contributions to their service and our nation. All Coast Guard uniformed members are eligible for consideration. The performance period for this award is from calendar year January 2, 2020 to December 31, 2020.
The award criteria for nominations include service members who:
- Promote a positive understanding of the armed forces among and between men and women, minority and non-minority members of the military and civilian population.
- Foster an innovative and constructive environment between the military and civilian community and men and women of all races and ethnic backgrounds that benefit employees and/or community residents.
- Display exceptional character that distinguishes the individual as an outstanding leader and role model.
- Support and work towards the advancement of women within the armed forces.
Nomination packages must include a narrative describing the nominee’s accomplishments and a biography. The narrative describing the nominee’s accomplishments should be single-spaced, not to exceed two pages and consist of one or more of the following:
- The nominee distinguished themselves by promoting the tents of civil/human rights, equal opportunity, human relations, and/or public service.
- The nominee contributed to the equal opportunity for selection, promotion, or retention of women and minorities in senior grade level positions and underrepresented communities.
- The nominee assisted in overcoming discrimination and eliminating barriers that hinder equal opportunity for all members of the Armed Forces and civilians including women and minorities in the Armed Forces.
- The nominee created job or training opportunities that will support and contribute to advancement of all service members, including women and minorities in the Armed Forces and civilian workforce.
The biography for the nominee should include:
- Biography of the nominee, single spaced, not to exceed one page
- Citation statement summarizing the nominee’s accomplishments, single-spaced, not to exceed 18 lines of narrative
Nominations must be forwarded as email attachments to Mr. Juan Torres, COMDT (CG-00H) Juan.L.Torres@uscg.mil no later than April 30. All nominations will then be sent to FEW for consideration and final selection. The command of the award recipient will be notified by email prior to announcement of the information to the workforce. Please email Mr. Juan Torres for more information or to ask any questions regarding the FEW Military Meritorious Service Award, or call (202)-372-4594.