Nominations are being accepted for the 2021 League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Excellence in Public Service Award. The LULAC Excellence in Public Service Award recognized excellence in public service in the advancement of education, economic, health, and diversity accomplishment, particularly within underrepresented populations of the Nation. The award is open to Coast Guard military members and civilian employees in the performance period of April 2020 to March 2021.
The award criteria for nominations include:
- Service members (individual and/or team) and civilians (individual and/or team) in support of the uniformed services.
- Description of the Activity: In no more than a quarter of a page, briefly describe the situation or context of a project, program or challenge that was addressed and any relevant stakeholders. The description should focus on community activities and/or work that affects the advancement of education, economic, health and diversity accomplishments. Use specific examples and indicate the date started and if completed, the end date.
- Action Taken: In no more than a quarter of a page, describe the exact actions taken by an individual or a team that made a significant contribution within the purpose of the award.
- Impact of Activity: In no more than a quarter of a page, explain the results and impact of an individual or a team's action in describing why what they did mattered, how it made a difference and/or whom it affected. The narrative should describe ways in which the work performed is part of a bigger picture and how it impacted a community.
Nomination packages must include the narrative described in the above section along with:
- A biography of the nominee that is no more than half a page. If it is a team submission, please provide a summary description of the collective talents and range of services.
- Photograph in JPG format at 300dpi resolution. For an individual, include a chest-high color photo. For a team submission, please include a waist-high color photo of the group.
Nominations must be forwarded as email attachments to Juan Torres, no later than April 29, 2021. All nominations will then be sent to LULAC for consideration and final selection. The command of the award recipient will be notified by email prior to announcement of the information to the workforce. Please email Juan Torres for more information or to ask any questions regarding the LULAC Excellence in Public Service Awards, or call (202)-372-4594.