April 21, 2021 —
Come join us for a personal tour of Coast Guard 202, and go for a flight over Washington, D.C.!
The Coast Guard’s Gulf Stream transports the Commandant and Department of Homeland Security VIPs.
- Department of Homeland Security - the federal executive department responsible for public security.
- Gulf Stream 550 - a type of airplane
- Principals - another word for VIP.
- VIP – Very Important Person, such as an elected leader, celebrity, or a military service branch chief
- Nautical miles - Measurement of distance when on the water.
- Flight Deck – An area on a vessel where the aircraft lands and takes off
- Pilot - a person who operates the flying controls of an airplane
- Flight Engineer - a member of a flight crew responsible for the aircraft's engines and other systems during flight
- Secure Comms – When radio communications stop. The Coast Guard crew who is helping with a case will secure communications on the radio when the Coast Guard has stopped helping. Also, when two entities are communicating and do not want a third party to listen in.
Learn more about Coast Guard missions