May 18, 2021 —
BLUF: CVR will be decommissioned June 15. Please download data you need to retain by 2359 EDT June 15.
What you need to know
- No new CVR accounts will be provisioned after May 15.
- You are responsible for downloading your data off the CVR platform by 2359 EDT June 15.
- CVR will no longer be accessible after June 15.
- The Coast Guard is transitioning to DoD365.
What you need to do
- Review your files and delete those you don't need to access after June 15.
- Save data you need to keep. This includes calendar entries, chats, recordings, planner boards, files, and official records that must be retained.
- Transfer your CVR documents to another platform. (Instructions are on the CVR Hub.)
- Start using DoD365, which you can access via Pixel or Microsoft Office Home. A desktop app will also launch next week.
More about DoD365
- DoD365 is the Department of Defense's enduring solution for on-site and remote office productivity and collaboration.
- DoD365 is essentially a suite of Microsoft Office 365 applications. It is similar to CVR.
- More 365 applications will be added in the coming months, giving you access to world-class productivity tools.
- This summer, the department expects to approve, implement and enable web-based access with a CAC authentication.
- Since DoD365 operates at a cybersecurity Impact Level 5 (IL5), it can - unlike CVR - be safely used for handling Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI). It also provides the cybersecurity necessary to safeguard the DoD network infrastructure.