The Department of Defense is providing a third extension temporarily waiving the expiration date for some Uniformed Services Identification (USID) cards. Of note, common access cards (CAC) are not included in this extension.
USID Card Holders: What you need to know
USID cards are issued to retired and reserve members, dependent family members of uniformed services members, and other eligible people.
This extension applies to the following types of USIDs that have a printed expiration date between Jan. 1, 2020, and July 31, 2021, and only until the date listed for each type. USID cards that expire after July 31, 2021 will not be accepted for physical access after their printed expiry date.
- August 31, 2021, for foreign affiliates and their dependents;
- October 31, 2021, dependents of Active Duty personnel, and for Reserve and National Guard personnel and their dependents;
- January 31, 2022, for retirees and their dependents, and all other populations in accordance with service policy to facilitate access to benefits, privileges, and military facilities.
- The DoD’s ID Card Office Online can help you find a RAPIDS ID Card office, and schedule an appointment to renew your card.
- DoD ID Card Office offers toll-free support: 800-538-9522
- CAC and USID FAQs