Do you have what it takes to survive Boot Camp? We're talking DoD365 Boot Camp, and we promise you DO have what it takes to master these new productivity and collaboration tools.
Please join your shipmates and live instructors from Microsoft for DoD365 Boot Camp! This free training is optional but strongly encouraged. It is available to all members of the workforce, and focused specifically on the DoD version of these tools.
Two tracks are available: Basic Boot Camp and Advanced Boot Camp. Both span five days, starting Aug. 23. Basic training runs about an hour and a half daily, while Advanced training runs an hour per day.
After successful completion, you’ll receive a DoD365 Boot Camp certificate to showcase your new skills. Ultimately, you’ll be part of a forward-leaning effort to modernize the way we work together in the Coast Guard.
Microsoft Teams is built for the different ways people work today. It is already fostering a new level of creativity, productivity, and collaboration within the service. With this training, you’ll gain a solid grasp on how to use the tools and applications within DoD365 and how they integrate with DoD365 Teams. Armed with this knowledge, life gets a lot easier when it comes to:
- Communicating with individuals or large groups
- Collaborating with others on documents and projects
- Hosting meetings
- Being more productive!
Basic Boot Camp
This course will introduce you to Microsoft Teams in a cloud-based environment. It introduces you to working with shared documents in DoD365’s online apps. Using the DoD365 suite of productivity apps, you’ll learn how to better communicate and collaborate through messaging and e-mail. You’ll also learn how to organize virtual meetings and start using OneDrive, a central storage location for accessing and modifying shared documents.
Advanced Boot Camp
This course is designed for those who are already familiar with Microsoft Teams. It offers insights and best practices along with working in Microsoft Planner, Microsoft Forms, and Microsoft Lists. Plus it includes an “Ask Me Anything” session where you can tap into the knowledge of Microsoft’s team of experts!
How to Participate
The training will be hosted via a Teams Live Event, which can host up to 10k guests - so seats are plentiful and there is no need to register. To participate in the training, just access the web link for each training session on the right day and time.
***Before the training starts, be sure to review “Tips for Successful Viewing” below! This should help prevent any hiccups on training day.***
In the unlikely event guest capacity is exceeded, or you want to join us in a future month, please check the Coast Guard’s DoD365 Portal Page (CAC required to access) for upcoming trainings. The training schedule and session links will be updated for each subsequent month soon after the completion of the next upcoming courses.
Here is the schedule for August Boot Camp:
|Basic Boot Camp Sessions
||Team Live Event Training Links
Microsoft Teams Level 100
|Monday, Aug. 23, 2021
||11:00 - 12:30
Microsoft Teams Channels and Files Level 100
|Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021
Microsoft Teams Chat and Meeting Level 100
|Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021
|1D: Microsoft Outlook
||Thursday, Aug. 26, 2021
|1E: Microsoft One Drive
||Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
|Advanced Boot Camp Sessions
||Team Live Event
|2A: Microsoft Teams Level 200
||Monday, Aug. 23, 2021
|2B: Microsoft Planner
||Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021
|2C: Microsoft Forms Level 100
||Wednesday, Aug. 25, 2021
2D: Microsoft Lists Level 100
|Thursday, Aug. 26, 2021
|2E: “Ask Me Anything” Panel
||Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
And don't worry if you can't make the August training. Here are the tentative training dates for September through December:
- September 13 – 17
- October 03 – 07
- November 01 – 05
- December 06 – 10
Tech Tips for Successful Viewing:
- This event is being held through a Live Event hosted by Microsoft and NOT in DoD365 Teams. If you plan to participate in the training from work (on Coast Guard’s CGOne Network), you must connect to each session via web browser only! Accessing through the DoD365 Teams desktop application will not work. From home or on personal mobile devices, you may be able to access the training from a Teams desktop application (if you have it installed) or the web browser.
- If you get any prompts throughout this process to log in via Commercial Virtual Remote (CVR) credentials, try clearing your browser history. If you need support with this, check out the “DoD365 Teams Tech Tips” on the DoD365 Portal Page (CAC required to access).
- The Chrome web browser is recommended. However, if you have any issues accessing the training, the supported web browsers include Chrome (last three versions), Edge RS2 and later, Firefox (last three versions), Internet Explorer 11, and Safari.
- Verify your speakers can play sound before you connect
- Verify you are connected to the internet
- Try accessing the link early to ensure you don’t have any issues on training day.
- To connect to a training session:
- Copy and paste the corresponding link(s) on the scheduled day/time for the training in the browser.
- When/if prompted, select “Watch on the web instead” and cancel any prompts to open in the Microsoft Teams desktop application.
- When prompted, select "Or Join anonymously".