Calling all motorcycle enthusiasts. Have you heard the change to get your motorcycle safety training reimbursed? In order to have your fiscal year 2021 motorcycle safety training reimbursed, you need to submit your claim by Aug. 30, 2021.
What you need to have in the package:
A complete reimbursement package contains the following:
- Signed OF-1164 Claim for Reimbursement for Expenditures on Official Business. Use your employee ID, where applicable;
- Graduation card bearing vendor name, course name, date of graduation, and student name.
- Payment receipt.
You will need to complete the following to receive reimbursement:
- Schedule authorized training
- Pay the vendor using personal funds and retain a receipt.
- Complete the motorcycle safety training and receive a course completion card.
- Submit reimbursement package as stated above to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Motorcycle Safety Program Manager reviews all requests for accuracy and forwards complete requests to FINCEN for execution. You will receive electronic fund reimbursement by within 30-60 days after submission to FINCEN.
When should I plan to take a motorcycle safety class?
As an active duty member, you should take a motorcycle safety class before they begin riding. Then you should take a class once every five years. You can take your class at a Department of Defense (DoD) or Coast Guard motorcycle training facilities, when available, or you can take a class at a commercial training programs. These classes will include classroom portions as well as practical motorcycle riding components.
Reimbursement for commercial training programs is subject to the following conditions:
- The Motor Vehicle Safety Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures CGTTP 4-01.4 lists the courses authorized for reimbursement
- Reimbursement is limited to $350
- Reimbursement is limited to active duty personnel.
- Reimbursement is only available for one training provided by commercial.
NOTE: Effective immediately, motorcycle safety training provided by commercial training programs between the dates of Aug. 31, 2021 and Nov. 15, 2021 will not be reimbursed. You will incur personal cost if you schedule or attend a training during this period.
Please forward all questions to Nikki L. Flynn 757-628-4343
- Motorcycle Training Reimbursement Update ALSAFETY 020/21