The Coast Guard is transitioning the childcare fee assistance program to USCG Military Child Care in Your Neighborhood (MCCYN). Families enrolled and all new families will access USCG MCCYN through MilitaryChildCare.com, a secure Department of Defense (DoD) gateway to military-operated or military-sponsored child care options. It provides a single online location for families to determine their MCCYN eligibility, explore qualifying providers, select a program, and apply for assistance.
USCG MCCYN is available to active duty Coast Guard members and reservists who are on active duty orders for at least 180 days. If the Coast Guard member is married, his or her spouse must be employed a minimum of 20 hours a week, actively seeking employment, or enrolled in higher-education coursework.
What is New?
- New Name- USCG Military Child Care in Your Neighborhood (MCCYN) Fee Assistance (FA)
- MCCYN will be centrally managed through MCC.com starting Dec. 6, 2021
- Providing a one stop solution for active duty families to apply, register, enroll, manage, upload supporting documents, and update household profile
- Communicate with the your fee assistance team in the My MCCYN Message Center or MCCYN Fee Assistance Help Desk at 901-512-2565
- Communicate with MCC by calling 855-696-2934 and select option 1 (Family Support) or email
What will stay the same?
- Monthly subsidy payments to your provider will NOT be affected by this transition to MCC
- Monthly subsidy claims process will NOT change
- Community–based provider enrollment process will NOT change
What is the timeline for this transition?
- Nov. 8-12 – Fee Assistance Team will notify by email all existing families of the transition to MCC.
- Nov. 15 – Fee Assistance Team will notify existing families that the transition is “Coming Soon.”
- 2nd email notification will be sent to families scheduled to renew in November, December, and January and will transition to MCC with a 14-month registration period (for example two-month extension) as these families will not be able to go into their MCC accounts until Dec. 6
- Families not scheduled to renew in November, December, and January will receive the email notification with no immediate action required. They will receive another notification when renewal is required.
- Nov. 19– Dec. 6 - No new or renewal packets or change request will be accepted or processed during this timeframe. The fee assistance will be closing all existing packets and changes to ensure each family account is completed and ready to transfer.
- Nov. 15 – MilitaryChildCare.com USCG MCCYN webpage will be available for families to review and obtain all their information on Fee Assistance to include updated FAQ’s.
- Nov. 29 – If you are new to MCCYN fee assistance, you will be able to create a MilitaryChildCare.com account on or after Nov. 29, 2021 to request fee assistance.
- Dec. 4 – If you are currently receiving fee assistance, your information will either be migrated to MilitaryChildCare.com or merged with your existing MCC account. You do not need to create a new MilitaryChildCare.com account.
- Dec. 6 – If you are currently receiving fee assistance you will receive an email with instructions on how to access your MilitaryChildCare.com account.
Who to contact?
If you are currently receiving fee assistance and did not receive an email the week of Nov. 8-15 to your Coast Guard email address, personal, or spouse email, please call USCG MCCYN Fee Assistance Help Desk at 901-512-2565 or email.
Who to contact if you want more information about Fee Assistance before Nov. 15?
Visit our website or email for more information.
Who to contact if I want more information about the Transition to MCC.com?
If you work or live in District 17, 14, 11, 13 please contact a Child Development Services Specialists
Renee Montandon or call (510) 437-6662
Kelly Smitherman or call (503) 861-6242
If you work or live in District 9, 8,7,5,1 please contact a Child Development Services Specialists
Valanda Weston or call (609) 898-6383
Maura Redy or call (617) 851-4759