Editors Note: A technical issue is preventing General Messages from autopopulating on public websites such as MyCG. To ensure military members have easy, timely access to critical personnel announcements, MyCG is publishing ALCGPSC, ALCGOFF and ALCGENL messages as articles. Once the issue is resolved, MyCG will go back to our normal practice of publishing modern, plain-language news articles on the homepage, with personnel messages autopopulating on the appropriate audience pages. If you have any questions or feedback, please email us at MyCG@uscg.mil.
20 JAN 2022
SUBJ: UPDATE 1 - MITIGATING EFFORTS FOR READ-ONLY ACCESS TO ORDERS FUNCTIONALITY IN DIRECT ACCESS
A. ALCGPSC 006/22
This message updates the reactivation date in REF A for full access to orders in Direct Access (DA) and outlines mitigation actions for reservists, commands, Personnel and Administration (P&A) offices, and Servicing Pay Offices (SPOs) concerning Reserve orders and pay.
Reactivation Date: The anticipated reactivation of full access to orders in Direct Access outlined in REF A is now 0001 EST, Wednesday, 26 January 2022.
Mitigating Actions: Complications delaying the FSMS accounting data conversions directly impact orders and pay for over 130 reserve members. Reservists, commands, P&As, and SPOs shall follow the below guidance to ensure these members are paid correctly and on time.
- Reserve orders in DA, now called "FSMS Reserve Orders", will be fully functional 21 January 2022 from 0900 to 1900 EST. All other DA orders will remain in read-only status.
- During this window reservist and commands must make every effort to coordinate with servicing P&As and SPOs to move orders into the appropriate status, and to complete supporting actions for member pay.
- The Pay and Personnel Center (PPC) has extended SPO Entry Cut Off for pay cut to 1900 EST, 21 January 2022. The Finalized Date has been moved to 24 January 2022.
- PPC is expediting an updated DA User Guide for FSMS Reserve Orders and will post it no later than 0900 EST, 21 January 2022. It is essential that all users read the guide before attempting action as the location of FSMS Reserve Orders will be different, and the legacy link will show orders as read-only. The guide will be available at the following link: https://www.dcms.uscg.mil/ppc/pd/da/
- All edits and updates to Reserve Order must stop by 1900 EST, 21 January
- 2022, to prevent potential pay and system errors.
- P&As and SPOs shall submit customer care tickets to PPC to address any issues that prevent resolving orders and pay for reservists by the 1900 EST deadline for SPO Entry Cut Off. This includes requests for offline payments, which require justification and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Coast Guard Mutual Assistance (CGMA) has been made aware of the potential financial impacts to members, and is ready to assist. Members who need assistance may contact a local CGMA Representative by visiting: https://www.cgmahq.org
Per REF A, units may continue to issue orders via memorandum to authorize travel in urgent and emergency situations.
PSC Business Operations Capabilities (PSC-BOPS-C): CDR Corrina Ott, (202) 795-6493, Corrina.Ott@uscg.mil.
PPC Customer Care: 1-866-772-8724 0700-1600 CST, PPC-DG-CustomerCare@uscg.mil
Released by: RDML S. N. Gilreath, Commander, CG Personnel Service Center. The Service Center for our Most Important Resources - Our People.
Internet release authorized.