R 041426Z FEB 22
SUBJ: OFFICER PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT VIRTUAL OUTREACH SESSIONS
1. Officer Personnel Management (OPM) is announcing virtual Q&A sessions and wardroom engagement opportunities to address questions and concerns on a variety of career management topics. In 2021, OPM hosted 12 virtual road shows followed by 10-20 minute Q&A sessions. Review of 2020 and 2021 road shows revealed a
need for prolonged opportunities for the officer corps to engage more directly with OPM. This year, the Career Management Branch (OPM-4) will facilitate one-hour sessions with the majority of time devoted to Q&A for officers to have ample time to engage directly with their Assignment Officers (OPM-2), representatives from the Boards, Promotions, and Separations Branch (OPM-1), and the Officer Evaluations Branch (OPM-3). The information presented in 2021 virtual road shows remains current and available on Portal. In order to maximize the gain of participating in an OPM virtual session, applicable recordings from 2021 road shows should be viewed prior to attending a 2022 Q&A session. Recording titles from 2021 match 2022 session titles and can be accessed easily via OPM-4’s Portal site. Virtual Q&A Sessions will start with a brief synopsis, updates to policies, trends and best practices and then move to a Q&A. Questions can be submitted ahead of the event or posed during the session in chat, or video functions. The OPM-2 sessions will afford those transferring in AY23 the opportunity to interact with their Assignment Officers.
2. In addition to the extended 2022 Q&A sessions, OPM is offering the opportunity for wardrooms to request tailored unit sessions with unit-selected topics as well as unit-selected OPM presenters. These sessions will require DoD365 Teams, and a unit representative to work with OPM to set up the event for your wardroom.
3. The virtual Q&A session schedule and guest presenter is as noted below:
a. 23 February 2022, 1400ET: (OPM-4) Career Guidance/CG-4082/Promotions and Command Recommendations
b. 02 March 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-3) Officer Evaluations/OSMS 2.0
c. 16 March 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-1) Promotions/Post Graduate School
d. 20 April 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-2) Support/Special Assignments
e. 27 April 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-2) Response Assignments
f. 11 May 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-2) Prevention Assignments
g. 25 May 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-2) Afloat Assignments
h. 08 June 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-2) Intel/DCMS and Cyberspace Assignments
i. 22 June 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-2) Aviation Assignments
j. 20 July 2022, 1400EST: (OPM-2) Chief Warrant Officer Assignments
4. Wardrooms are recommended to use the 30 minutes prior to the times provided to review the presentations from 2021. The information provided is meant to generate a discussion between OPM and the officer corps and educate the fleet of the most current trends and policies affecting their assignments, promotions, and evaluations.
5. To sign up for a virtual Q&A session, please email the OPM-4 inbox at HQS-SMB-CGPSC-OPMfirstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of emails, we request the format include the following: Virtual Q&A Session/date. For example: “Afloat Assignment Officer/11 May 2022.”
6. To request a tailored virtual wardroom session for your unit (or for a collection of wardrooms), please email the OPM-4 inbox at HQS-SMB-CGPSC-OPMemail@example.com. The request should include the following: Subject: Virtual Session Request. Email Body: Unit/Date requested/Requested Topic, for example: “Virtual Session Request/04 April 2022/Promotion Boards". Common topics to request: officer specialty progression, request for a specific assignment officer, promotion boards, eResumes, career management, advanced education panels and temporary separation. OPM wants to ensure sessions cover all information desired by a unit; units can request multiple topics.
7. OPM recommends officers within a command attend virtual roadshows from consolidated locations, to the extent possible. This should generate robust wardroom conversation and maximize opportunities for professional development.
8. Teams instructions and additional information will be posted prior to each virtual road show on the Career Management Branch (OPM-4) portal page (CAC required).
9. We are planning for a year of virtual interactions, but remain hopeful travel guidance will allow in person opportunities as well. If your unit is interested in funding members from OPM to travel for an in person presentation please email the OPM-4 inbox at HQS-SMB-CGPSC-OPMfirstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
Subject: In Person Session Request. Email Body: Unit/Date requested/AOs requested.
10. CAPT J. L. Sinclair, Chief, PSC-OPM, sends.
11. Internet release is authorized.