April is Month of the Military Child and we want to spotlight the children of the DHS workforce. We know that children with active-duty parents often face different experiences that shape them for years to come, and we'd love to share their thoughts and feelings on what it's like to be a military child.
We encourage you to share your child's drawings, paintings, short poems, or other artwork showing what your service means to them. So, if you're active-duty military, or you have a partner who's active-duty, please consider submitting your child's artwork for DHS Connect.
1. Take a high-resolution photo of your child's artwork with the theme “What my parent's service means to me."
2. Send it to HQInternalComms@hq.dhs.gov no later than COB April 19.
3. Please include:
- Your child's first name and age.
- Your full name, title, and office.
- Your, or your spouse's military branch.