What is it like to work at the Coast Guard? The Coast Guard released several internal surveys today to help develop its service-wide transformation plan.
The Commandant is modernizing the service’s personnel readiness enterprise to improve our ability to recruit, develop and retain a highly qualified and diverse workforce. The U.S. Coast Guard Talent Management Transformation Task Force (TMX-TF) is developing the strategy and roadmap for this transformation and needs everybody’s input.
The TMX-TF team is working on an aggressive timeline due to the service’s urgent need to modernize. Although the surveys will be open just until Friday, July 14, the team needs to get this critical input from as many military members and civilians as possible.
The following surveys are now open through July 14.
- Military Retention Experience: To help the TMX-TF better understand the experience of military members (active and reserve) as they approach their decision point of continuing their service in the Coast Guard. Take the Military Retention survey.
- Officer Promotion System Experience: To help the TMX-TF better understand the experience and understanding of officers with the officer selection/promotion system. Take the Officer Promotion survey.
- Enlisted Advancement Experience: To help the TMX-TF better understand the experiences of enlisted members (active and reserve) with the enlisted advancement system. Take the Enlisted Advancement survey.
- Assignment Experience: To help the TMX-TF better understand the experiences of our military members (active and reserve) as they make assignment decisions. Take the Military Assignment survey.
- Newly Hired Civilian Experience: To better understand the hiring and onboarding experience from the perspective of a recently hired civilian. Take the New Civilian survey.
- Supervisors of New Civilians: To better understand the hiring and onboarding experience from the perspective of a hiring manager of a recently hired civilian employee. Take the Supervisor of a New Civilian survey.
Please participate and encourage your shipmates to do the same.