Keeping in mind there are many factors that influence your health and wellness, the Coast Guard’s Office of Work-Life Programs has organized a panel of six experts discussing key influences of weight loss, nutrition, and more, Aug. 26, 2021, at 2:30 p.m. EDT on Coast Guard Teams. The panelists will provide an overview of healthy weight loss strategies, tools and resources to improve your health. It is also in time for the October Weigh-Ins that are quickly approaching and the information shared can help assist you in remaining weight-complaint.
“Health is determined by many factors such as nutrition and exercise, as well as the stressors that all play a role in someone’s health. This panel of experts will help give insight to what we need to pay attention to most for our wellness,” said Tim Merell, the Coast Guard Health Promotions Program Manager.
Here is an overview of the panelists:
- Maria McConville - A registered dietitian with over 30 years of active practice, and a Certified Personal Trainer with 19 years’ experience. She works as a senior nutrition health educator in support of the Consortium for Health and Military Performance (CHAMP)
- Andrea Lindsey – The director of Operation Supplement Safety (OPSS) and Senior Nutrition Scientist with CHAMP at the Uniformed Services University (USU).
- Tim Gribbin – Senior scientist for the Henry M. Jackson Foundation in support of the Consortium for Health and Military Performance. He currently oversees the Physical Fitness domain of CHAMP's website, Human Performance Resources by CHAMP, and is a subject matter expert in physical fitness and injury prevention.
- Leonora Ellis - Represents CG-Support / Health Coaching as the Health Coaching manager for the Coast Guard Support Health Coaching program with over 15 years of experience in the industry. She obtained her master’s degree in Wellness and Lifestyle Management from Rowan University in Glassboro, New Jersey.
- Lena Gavello – Presenting on mindfulness, Gavello is the Employee Assistance Program coordinator at Base Alameda for the Eleventh District north. Lena has been with the Coast Guard for 20 years. She is trained in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction), mPEAK (Mindfulness, Performance, Enhancement, Awareness and Knowledge (MBSR) and Operational Stress Control (OSC).
- Christiana Montminy – The Coast Guard’s Employee Program manager has previously worked for the Department of Defense (DoD) at Walter Reed Military Medical Center, and more recently the Department of State. She is a clinical social worker and a certified employee assistance professional.
For more information, email Tim Merrell. The meeting will be held on CG Teams or call-in via phone:+1 410-874-6752, using ID 731900535#.