An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.

My Coast Guard
Commentary | March 23, 2022

How to get your PCS claims paid

By Kathy Murray, MyCG Writer

To ensure relocating military members get paid during the Coast Guard’s transition to its new financial system, the Pay and Personnel Center (PPC) has developed a new process for PCS claims. Members must follow this process for new  travel vouchers or reimbursement claims, as well as those that have already been submitted. Guidance for civilian PCS claims is forthcoming. 

If you have an old PCS claim that is still unpaid, see the new, detailed instructions on how to do this are available on page 7 of the updated PCS Payment Process Guide. Following these steps will allow your claim to be approved for payment by FSMS. If you have submitted your claim in TPAX, you must upload the TPAX Travel Voucher Summary in ETS and file a claim in ETS in order to get paid.  

If you’re dealing with a future claim or advance, you will still use TPAX to document and calculate PCS advances and create a Travel Voucher Summary. Detailed guidance on claims are on page 4 of the new PCS Payment Process Guide. There is no new guidance on advances; you will continue to use the procedures outlined in ALCGPSC 082/21, which are also provided on page 2 of the PCS Payment Process Guide

Please see ALCOAST 099/22 for a longer summary, or refer to the PCS Payment Process Guide.

•    ALCOAST 099/22
•    ALCPSC 082/21
•    PCS Payment Process Guide
•    Coast Guard stands up IMT to resolve FSMS transition issues
•    Members are now able to file travel claims for reimbursement
•    Where to get help with travel vouchers or reimbursement claims