Officers, here’s your chance to map out your careers in the Coast Guard! The Officer Personnel Management Division (OPM) is holding its annual series of virtual Q&A sessions to answer questions officers may have about career management, assignments, and opportunities.
The OPM virtual roadshows are designed to give officers a chance to interact with the Boards, Promotions, and Separations Branch (OPM-1); the Officer Assignments Branch (OPM-2); the Officer Evaluations Branch (OPM-3); and the Career Management Branch (OPM-4).
The virtual Q&A sessions will begin with a brief overview then transition to open discussion. You may submit questions ahead of the event or during the session. The OPM-2 sessions will provide opportunities for officers transferring in Assignment Year 2024 (AY24) a chance to speak with their assignment officers (AOs).
The first virtual roadshow of 2023 will be held on Feb. 22, at 2:00 p.m. eastern time (ET). A representative from the Career Management Branch (OPM-4) will discuss career guidance, promotions and command recommendations, mid-term counseling, and related topics.
A complete list of this year’s virtual Q&A sessions can be found below:
- Feb. 22, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-4) Career Guidance/CG-4082/Promotions and
- Command Recommendations/Mid-Term Counseling
- March 2, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-3) Officer Evaluations/OSMS 2.0 (Thursday)
- March 15, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-1) Promotions/Post Graduate School
- April 19, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-2) Support/Special Assignments
- April 26, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-2) Intel/DCMS and Cyberspace Assignments
- May 10, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-2) Afloat Assignments
- May 24, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-2) Prevention Assignments
- June 7, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-2) Response Assignments
- June 21, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-2) Aviation Assignments
- July 12, 2 p.m. ET: (OPM-2) Chief Warrant Officer Assignments
OPM asks that officers in the same command attend virtual roadshows from consolidated locations as much as possible.
To sign up for a virtual Q&A session, please email OPM-4 and note the specific virtual session of interest.
Interested in holding a customized session for your unit? Contact OPM-4 with the following info: Subject: Virtual Session Request. Email Body: Unit/Date requested/Requested topic. If you are interested in an in-person tailored session, please contact OPM-4 and include: Subject: In Person Session Request. Email Body: Unit/Date requested/AOs requested and structure of event.
Teams instructions and info will be posted before each virtual roadshow on OPM-4’s SharePoint page. Information presented during the roadshows will be posted on SharePoint as well.
For more information, please see Officer Personnel Management Virtual Outreach Sessions ALCGOFF 006/23.