The new Financial System Modernization Solution (FSMS) is expected to come online Oct. 1, 2021. Once is does, we expect a cutover period from Oct. 1 to Nov. 15, 2021. What does this mean if you receive permanent change of station (PCS) orders during that time and you are requesting an advance for dislocation allowance (DLA)?
During the FSMS cutover period, you will receive DLA payments through your regular paycheck rather than a separate payments. This should help to mitigate the impact of receiving advances on PCS entitlements.
Starting Sept. 16, 2021, Personnel and Administration (P&A) offices working with members who are in receipt of PCS orders and are requesting to receive advance DLA, need to submit a customer care ticket to the Pay and Personnel Center (PPC) with a copy of your approved PCS orders and PCS travel entitlements worksheet (CG-2003) attached. PPC will make a one-time Direct Access (DA) entry for 100% of the advance DLA amount. You should receive the advance DLA in either your mid-month or end-of-month pay depending on when the customer care ticket was submitted and pay action entered into DA. P&A offices must submit customer care tickets with the correct information by the below dates in order for advance DLA to be included in the corresponding mid-month or end-of-month pay.
Submission Deadline Advanced DLS received in Payslip
- Paperwork received prior to Oct. 10 will be processed for the Oct, 15 2021 paycheck.
- Paperwork received prior to Oct 20 will be processed for the Nov. 1 paycheck.
- Paperwork received prior to Nov. 7 will be processed for the Nov 15 paycheck.
- Paperwork received prior to Nov. 17 will be process for the Dec. 1 paycheck.
- As with all travel advances, if you receive advanced DLA via this process you are reminded that you must claim this as a PCS travel advance on your travel claim.
For questions related to PCS travel advances during the FSMS cut-over period, please email Chief Warrant Officer Brent Karaba, PPC Topeka or call (785) 339-3598.